Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Learning to DELIGHT IN GOD

TeenStreet Day 2

Well, today another brilliant day by all accounts…
But I hate the wake up at 7.03 a.m. rule…
I can’t even go jogging or have a devotion…
But anyway, I woke up and quickly took a shower…
Then me and Sam headed to the canteen…
So as early as it was it was a good time to prey on sleepy heads so that’s what I did for the fun of it…
‘Contagious’ that day spoke of delighting in God…
Somehow that topic touched my heart, especially when one of the speakers asked what is worship?
What is delighting in God?
And that question stuck to me the whole time in camp…
But by all means I still don’t have the answer but and believe I am closer to finding it…
One of my convictions was that delighting in God means allowing him into all aspects of our lives, and I mean ALL!
So its never easy and it’s a learning progress…
Then again what never is?

Well anyway, back to NET 1 (day 2)…
The lost and the found…
Ever lost something really precious to you?
Well I have and I went nuts finding it…
I turned my house upside down, literally…
Well its such a wonderful feeling knowing that no matter how far we stray God will find us if we allow him to…
So as we went through Nehemiah we discovered how he delighted in God…
Its never easy but it can be done…
Also god really touched my heart through a simple picture of a tree with brown leaves around it…
I realized that if we do not stay through to him, we will end up like those leaves, cut off from a life source…
Sometimes God touches hearts in different ways…
Back to my NET, we were slowly bonding but not all barriers were down yet…

Throughout the day there was interaction time…
I just went to a photography workshop and then headed to a fun game of football…
Basically I had an injury from falling 20 feet before this camp but that’s atotally different story…
Maybe I’ll blog about that soon…
Anyway, at night we entered the throne room or worship session…
It was a refreshing time, but to me it was a time of reflection about my life with God…
I went to the back and quietly sat down to pray and just be lost in his presence…
Somehow, I found a place to be at a wild abandon to Him…
And rarely I find a place like that in my hectic life with studies, work and other activities…
My reflection of what happen that night was that I found a way to delight in God which is sometimes not easy for me…
That’s all for this day as I log off with a new sense of hope…

No comments: