Saturday, December 1, 2007

Scars...

Scars…
Interesting metaphor…
What could it possibly mean?
In the terms of a dictionary I quote…
Scars are a mark or a symbol left by an injury or opening in the skin of one’s body…
My definition…
Scars are a mark which leave you a different person, for better or for worse…
Still with me?
Okay..
Here’s an example, take life for instance…
You could have just broken up with your girlfriend, had a fight with your best friend or simply fallen down twenty feet…
Well…
Any drastic or even small changes may leave scars in your life…
In my point of view, a simple ‘too slow reaction’ might even leave a scar…
Let’s say you saw your friend fall and was too late to catch him or her…
Then he or she dies…
Okay, fine…
It may be a little extreme scenario…
Hmm…
Well anyway, my point is that ‘slow reaction’ might haunt you and leave a scar in your life…
Scars can change a person…
Emotionally and physically…
For better or for worse…
But not all scars are bad…
There are some scars that leave a good mark on you…
Like if you mistreated someone and God punished you for it…
Sure, the punishment hurt, and left a scar…
But it was for the better, teaching you more about life…


Here’s a poem I wrote about life and the scars we experience…

‘ Scars ‘

As I walk through life,
With great strain I strive,
Reaching to those along my way,
And learning what God has to say.

Then an experience comes along,
Leaving a scar on my face,
And I know not where I belong
So only by his grace.

Scars mean so much in life,
With so many in our lives,
For better or for worse,
Can it be the compass?

Can it show us where to go?
Or leave us lost?
Emotionally drained with sorrow…
Our lives destroyed at all costs…

But soon I realize,
Scars have their way,
We may win the great prize,
If god leads the way.

Scars.
The ultimate difference to us,
Whether good or bad,
It changes us.


~ ScarRed 4 LiFe ~

No comments: