Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A time of CARING

TeenStreet Day 1.

The night before me and Samuel crashed at my place…
We slept at like 4…
In the MORNING!
Yes the next day…
Wait…
You got to hear this…
What happened…?
Samuel got to my place at 12…
AT NIGHT!
Then we talked and set up his bed 4 sleeping…
So Samuel wanted to log in to the net so we watched some funny and scary emphasize on the SCARY…
Okay…
That’s not the fun part…
Listen to this conversation…
It was 2 a.m….

Daniel : Dude, lets hit the sack…
Samuel : Wait… I want to log in again…
Daniel : Okaaayyy…
Samuel : Dude, you got to see this video…
Daniel : Okay… Just a quick one dude..
Samuel : Yeah…

So we watched this video called ‘Yellow fever’ and it was really funny…
So it was three when we finished, so we when to sleep…
Suddenly Samuel said, ‘Daniel, truth or dare?’
So it went on till 4 then I could finally sleep…

Early the next morning we woke up and then at 11 we headed to the bus stop to go to teen street…
On arrival we were greeted by weird smelling smoke…
Then after registration we headed back to our dorms…
Then I headed out to the main hall for the launch of teen street 2007…
Okay… Dinner then we had our first session…
I was suppose to meet up with the NET but din really get to..
So after the session I headed back to my dorm for NET 1…
Then as I walked in a strange sight beheld me…
A half naked guy was lying on the bed resting…
So I was like, is this my room and I double-checked my door… it was…
Turns out that was my coach…
Wow…
What a way to meet one huh?

So the first day was an eventful and learning one…
I learned a lot but I felt Jesus had not really touched me yet…
Sometimes we may have different ways, but ultimately we need to slow down for Jesus to speak to us…
I really realized that as I went through the NET 1…
The day’s lesson was CARING FOR OTHERS…
It really touched my heart how so many poor people could be out there in the world while we ‘rich’ people laze around enjoying luxury…
Most of the time we will be complaining that, he or she is better, has better stuff, has more money…
But can’t we for once look the other way and say look, I have more then them…
I should be thankful for that…
And now I really praise the Lord that he has opened my eyes…
Its like being blind and oblivious to the world and then suddenly…
You can see again…
It’s just like the proverb said…
You can see a glass, its either half empty or half full…
So now I urge others who have been touch to reach out…
To be that ripple…
To be that virus…
Spread out across the nations, impacting lives…
Because every slight change will bring impact…
Thank you, Lord.

No comments: