Saturday, November 24, 2007

Running The Race

Yo! I’m back!
So today was the second day of VBS ( Vacation Bible School )…
Well all went well with the athletes performing really well…
Wow…
One has to be really watching these bunch of kids with their toilet needs and hungry stomachs with some hyperactive juice in them…
I mean they are like full blown steam with no fuel needed…
So anyway they all ‘graduated’ with certificates handed out to them…
We trainers should get a certificate too!
And it should be saying ‘We SURVIVED VBS!’
But all in all it was a rewarding and enriching experience to interact with them and helping them through stuff…
There was this sweet little girl who actually said I was nice!
Hmm…
Maybe something’s wrong here..
Well, anyway…
I watched these kids running around from one station to another and they were really enthusiastic about learning about God and how to be a true hero…
And I must say they really did learn with all their heart, soul and mind…


Most people would think we are to old…
Mature…
That we can’t learn from kids anymore..
But those who do are completely wrong…
We can!
I also have trained kids and learned techniques from them…
Values they stand for…
You watch them you begin to wonder…
Where has all the spark in my life gone…
Where has the enthusiasm and passion towards serving and worshiping God gone?
So I realized that we have to altogether be cleansed and give ourselves completely to God…
Trust him to work things out…
I mean basically we SHOULD be doing this…
But I think there comes a time in your walk with God that you tend to stray…
Troubled times where darkness consumes everything..
So for me VBS 07 has not only been me helping kids but kids helping me as well…
Learning and growing with each step they take…
I pray that these kids would someday grow to be strong men and women in the body of Christ…
Serving him with love and passion…
Well, VBS 07 was a time of reflection for me…
So I pray that God will send people or events my way to help me grow and be more like him…
As I run this race of my life…
Hebrews 12:1-2 : Run with endurance the race that lies before you, keeping your eyes on Jesus, the source and perfecter of your faith…

~ RunNing ThE GReaT race ~

No comments: