Friday, November 23, 2007

A Step Back Into The Past...

Well, today was VBS ( Vacation Bible School )…
And I have only one question…
Where do kids get their energy from…?
They are like so hyper…
Anyway, after the hectic events of the day I managed to sit back and relax…
Thinking and pondering over the recent events…
Then I realized something that made me feel really…
Well you know that feeling…
These kids are so young that troubles have not overtaken them…
To them the worst trouble was that their best friend took something from them…
5 minutes later they kiss and make up..
Well maybe not the kiss part…
But my point is when did I as a teen start having so many troubles?
Maybe I went looking for them…
But maybe its part of growing up…
Watching these kids play and having fun made me realize that occasionally, we do have to slow down and forget our troubles for a moment…
These kids were really excited when it came to learning about God…
They could memorize a verse or two in about a minute…

I wondered how could it be so simple…
Then this wondering thought hit me, they have nothing much except that particular task on their minds…
Think about it…
When most of us have our devotions, usually as we talk to God and spend time with him we tend to pour out of troubles…
But as we are doing that we start to think a lot…
About the problems and solutions to them…
In a split second, your mind has strayed away from God…
So I realized that we also have to follow these kid’s examples…
Realizing that God can handle all our problems…
No matter how big or small or how many there are…
Sometimes we older people can learn a lot from the younger ones whose minds are still innocent…
So maybe we sometimes have to take a step back into the past…
Reflect and ponder the deeper meaning of things…
And realizing what God has in store for us…
So be ready to trust God and take that faithful step back into the past…

~ StePPIng closer To EterNiTY ~

1 comment:

Samuel said...

And to think that kids are rushing to grow up and become adults...

Enjoy your childhood while it lasts I say, but nooooooooooo, they didn't listen...

Lol